Last Updated: 05-01-2020
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit our website. If our website is again retrieved, the computer (browser) sends the content of the cookie back. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses onto your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and more effective overall.
This website uses the following types of cookies, the purpose and functioning of which will be explained below:
We use session cookies on the basis of Art. 6, Section 1, lit. b) GDPR. They are deleted after you have left our website and closed your browser. They also automatically become invalid as soon as your session has ended.
These cookies store a ‘session ID’, with which different queries from your browser can be assigned to the joint session. As a result, your computer can be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
Flash cookies are not recorded by the browser but by your Flash plug-in when Adobe Flash is operated. Flash cookies have no automatic expiry date.
Permanent or persistent cookies are those that remain stored after the browser is closed. Through these cookies, the website adjusts to your settings and information when you next visit. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which can differ depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
Third-party cookies are cookies that are used by a different provider than the operator of the website (e.g., for collecting information for advertising, user-defined content and web statistics).
Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’, text files that are stored on your computer and that enable an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is generally transferred to a Google server in the US and stored there. If IP anonymization is previously activated on this website, your IP address is however truncated by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other EEA member states. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transferred to a Google server in the US and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports about website activities and provide additional services to the website operator that relate to the use of the website and Internet use.
The IP address transferred by Google Analytics from your browser is not merged with other Google data.
You can also generally prevent the storage of cookies by making the corresponding setting in your browser software; however, we wish to inform you that in this case, it may not be possible to use all functions of this website in full. You can additionally prevent the transfer of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of this website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension ‘_anonymizelp()’. As a result, IP addresses are further processed in truncated form, and there is no possibility of tracing the data back to an individual. Insofar as the data collected about you is assigned a personal identification, this is therefore excluded immediately, and the personal data is im-mediately deleted.
We use Google Analytics in order to analyze the use of our website and to regularly improve it. Through the statistics obtained, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the US, Google has made itself subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6, Section 1, p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Information supplied by the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
You can administer and deactivate the storage of cookies overall via your browser settings. Please note that the prevention of cookies can lead to function restrictions of our online offer.
The following list provides further information on deactivating or administering your cookie setting, depending on your browser type:
Google Chrome: (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en)
- Purposes of Processing
- What is personal data?
We collect information about you in a range of forms, including personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” is as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation, this includes any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we process about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
- Why do we need your personal data?
We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal data in order to provide you with access to our Website and Service If you are registering with us, you will be asked to tick to agree to provide this information in order to access our Website/ Service, subscribe to our products, or view our content. This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time. If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in line with this Policy, please do not use our Website or subscribe to our Service.
- Collecting Your Personal Data
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Information You Give Us.
- the personal data you provide when you register to use our Website/Service, including your name, company name, postal address, email address, telephone number, username, password and demographic information (such as your gender);
- the personal data you provide for financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information. Please note, we do not retain credit card information;
- the personal data you provide for postage, billing and other information used to purchase or send an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates);
- the personal data you provide when you subscribe to our services ,what you subscribe, and how frequently you subscribe;
- the personal data that may be contained in any video, comment or other submission you upload or post to the Website;
- the personal data you provide in connection with our rewards program and other promotions we run on the Website;
- the personal data you provide when you report a problem with our Website/Service or when we provide you with customer support;
- the personal data you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise; and
- the personal data you provide when you connect your account to another service such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service that you authorize. This information enables cross-platform data sharing to improve your user experience.
- Information We Automatically Collect
Please note that we automatically collect the following information about you:
- Log In Information. We may automatically collect Log in information when you visit our Website. This may include information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support our Website. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
- Information from Social Networking Sites
Our Website include interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (each a “SNS”). If you connect to a SNS through our Website, you authorize us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS. We will access, use and store that information in accordance with this Policy. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
- Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically. We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services or other offers that may be of interest to you, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
- Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our online services, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
- recognize you when you return to the Website;
- improve and personalize your experience on our Website;
- provide you with customized advertising; and
- monitor Website usage and analyze the behavior of Website visitors.
- Disabling Cookies
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Website. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Website.
- Using Your Personal Data
We may use personal data we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes, including to:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Website and Service;
- to manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your subscriptions, purchases, accounts, and requests for information if you have an account on with us;
- to operate and administer our rewards program and other promotions you participate in on our Website;
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- with your consent, to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” Please note, even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us and our business dealings with you;
- to process payments you make via our Website- We use the external payment system to process all our online payments. They have their own security and our data protection legislation compliant. We do not store your credit card details and we do not store your card’s security/CVV code.
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others;
- address problems with the Service or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business
- for analysis and study services; and
- as described in the “Sharing of your Personal Data” section below
We also use anonymous or aggregated information to allow us to audit site usage, create marketing profiles, manage our relationship with advertisers, and to provide support services to us. This processing may involve profiling – for example to create audiences based on demographic or location-based information for marketing and customization.
We will have a lawful basis for processing your data if:
- We need to process your information in order to provide you with the products or service you have requested or to enter into a contract;
- You have consented to such processing;
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data e.g., for fraud prevention; network and information systems security; data analytics; enhancing, modifying or improving our services; identifying usage trends; and/or
- We are legally obliged to process it.
- Sharing Your Personal Data
We do not share your personal data except in the limited circumstances described here. We may share your personal data with:
- Our Affiliates: We may share your data with our affiliates and subsidiaries bearing the EEXCOM brand for business, operational, promotional and marketing purposes.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfill or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and Website, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Legal Obligations; Safety: We may access and disclose your data to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, or government requests and investigations, or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law. We may disclose your information to protect the security of our Website, servers, network systems, and databases. We also may disclose your information as necessary, if we believe that there has been a violation of our Terms of Service, any other legal document or contract related to our Service, or the rights of any third party.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Third Party Sites